Do you have an idea that is worth sharing? If so, consider submitting a paper proposal for Family and Community Ministries, an online, peer-reviewed journal for ministry leaders that will be launched in August of 2012. More information is available at http://www.familyandcommunityministries.org/fcm/index.php/fcm
Family and Community Ministries: Resources for Christian Leaders (FCM) is an online, open access, peer-reviewed journal that provides research-based articles to congregational and ministry leaders as they seek to serve others locally and globally. All articles published by FCM undergo a rigorous peer-review process to ensure the quality of the publication and trustworthiness of the content for congregational leaders.
FCM seeks content relevant to each of three domains (realizing that most topics contain crossovers between all of the domains): families, congregations, and neighborhood.
- The Families domain addresses the Christian faith of families. It will include content on family relationships throughout the family life cycle and in the variety of ways people define themselves as family for one another.
- The Congregations domain addresses the life of congregations, with an emphasis on integrating service into the heart of congregational life. It will include content related to congregational assessment, healthy congregational life, multicultural congregations and practicing faith.
- The Neighborhood domain addresses ways to know and care for others beyond the congregation. It will address topics related to community ministry, community development, and global missions.
FCM is seeking submissions that include:
- Research-based articles with a companion summary brief for leaders
- Annotated topical bibliographies
Congregational and ministry leaders are the target audience of FCM, as reflected in the journal’s subtitle. Leader summaries allow Christian leaders to learn from academic research and best practices without requiring them to read the research articles on which those summaries and practices are based. The articles are available for those who want to explore in greater depth.
FCM is a continuation of The Journal of Family and Community Ministries that has been published since 1987 and moved to Baylor University in 2006. Its former titles include The Journal of Family Ministry and Family Ministry: Empowering Through Faith. FCM will re-launch as an online, open access, peer-reviewed journal in August 2012.